Thursday, April 24, 2008

BUSY


I'm really busy because:

- Our house is under construction!! They've finally busted through the walls. We're in for a messy three months.

- We've been having birthdays, performances, and funerals.

- I'm involved with special musical numbers at church.
- I've gone swap crazy, I'm doing three right now.
- I'm preparing for Camp Hideaway (I'll post about that later).

But the really fun busy maker is my new project! I'll be teaching a summer workshop series at Mystic Paper - my favorite paper craft store! I'm just thrilled to have this opportunity, because I really miss teaching (I taught school for several years, and private music lessons for many more years). I'm developing five classes for young people (girls, really) that will be literature inspired. Book-ish art!! This weekend I'm finishing reading, working on project samples, and writing an article about the workshop (and the store) that will be in a local paper. Everything has moved along so quickly - I've much to do!!
I'm off to the cabin to kick out the spiders and clean it up for the season...hopefully I can do some projects while I'm there. Have a great weekend, folks!

2 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

Oh Whitney, I can't wait to see what you have planned for your classes!

Sondra said...

Hi Whitney! It's Sondra...your apron swap partner. I sent you an email late last week, but didn't hear anything from you. I just need your address so that I can get your apron out to you. Hope all is well!!!