Sunday, April 13, 2008

For the Love of Hankies!


I'm definitely not on the fence about hankies. I love 'em!

My attachment began when I was eight years old. My Grandmother passed away then, and each granddaughter got to choose a couple of hankies from her collection - she had many granddaughters and many hankies! Now I've got upwards of 40 hankies, gleaned from family members and from antique stores. I always carry one in my purse...my kids wonder why I'd want to wipe my nose on a hankie and then KEEP it!..."gross, Mom"... ha!





...wonderful applique...



...I love colorful hankies, here are some favorites...


























...can't have enough hankies...



...a scanned hankie ...



Have a wonderful Sunday!







5 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

what a great collection!
Alisa

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

What a pretty collection! I also use hankies instead of tissues - tissues make my nose sore. Plus, hankies are better for the environment and look so much prettier coming out of your purse than a wadded up tissue, haha!

julie (jane's apron) said...

I love how you displayed your hankies in the fence...cute idea!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

How cute to display them in the fencing like that, it really shows them off.

Alexa Lett said...

I'm a hankerchief junkie...loved them displayed on the fence...great idea.