Thursday, April 17, 2008

Swap Lessons



I just finished my first swap. It was so much fun! More importantly, it was a great learning experience in that I tried out some new ideas. Having a commitment to create is always a great jump-start for me! I'm really creatively motivated and inspired with ideas when I have some event or deadline to work with. This I have discovered about myself. I guess that's why I don't have any of my own "art" around! I make handmade gifts, and then they're gone. Many times I've thought, "I should make two, and keep one!". But, I'm usually pressed for time...
So, my goal is to create more just for myself. Also, I want to create a stockpile of handmade gifts (I love giving gifts!) that are ready for me to give when the moment arrives. There have been many times that I would have loved to give someone a special gift to cheer or celebrate, but haven't, because I can't "whip it up" fast enough! So that's my lesson and resolve...

We write our own destiny.
We become what we do.
-Madame Chiang Kai-Shek


This is a nice quote. I think about how it applies to me, my destiny, and what I do.

Here's what I know:

I am a daughter of God
I am a wife and mother, and I love and value my family
I love to express myself through artistic creativity
I want to make others feel happy and loved
I love to teach and share what I can


This picture is from last New Year's Eve. I guess it's never too late to add to your resolutions, define yourself, and reaffirm your goals!


Happy day!


1 comment:

Alisa Noble said...

Very well put Whitney and great quote! I understand completely. I think the first thing I'm going to do when I finish my other swaps is to create something JUST for me... something really meaningful.
Alisa