Monday, May 12, 2008

Wonderful Day

It was a wonderful day!
I had a very nice time at church early in the morning - I directed a women's choir that sang a beautiful song with cello. It turned out so nice! I really enjoyed the sweet fellowship with other women as we sat in our classes and had great discussions. We munched on the chocolate yummies that all the moms got for Mother's Day. I'll always be glad that the "Mother's gift" tradition switched from a flower - to chocolate!
We spent the afternoon creating little tag books for the Grandmothers. It was so much fun! I had already made a William Morris print clipboard for my mom. My parents live in, and love the craftsman style - so I had saved our 2006 William Morris print calendar and we cut it all up and used it for Mom's gifts! Here are a few of the neat pages that we created...


















This is Dawson's painting of a beach sunset.
We go the beach in Mexico, and it's one of the fond Grandparent memories that my kids have.
















I'm so thankful for my family. My children are fantastic - all of them, my birth kids and my bonus kids! My husband is the love of my life. I am really blessed.
Every day is a wonderful day!

MYSTIC PAPER SUMMER CLASS UPDATE

I have another Mystic Paper class project finished! This framed mirror is for the class based on the book, "Princess Academy", by Shannon Hale. I really like how the flowers turned out! I want to make many more projects using these flowers - it was so fun!





The words on the bottom were at the end of one of the chapters in the book. Very poetic, don't you think? :)

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful Mother's Day! I love all of the little tags you guys made... especially Dawson's beach sunset! And Whitney, your mirror project looks so much fun... how old do you have to be to take the class? ;)

Lois said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's day! Loved reading Princess Academy! What an awesome craft idea - the girls in your Summer Class are going to Love it! You are very talented!

Anonymous said...

Those little books are so sweet! What a great idea.