Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back on the Blog Train

Boy, is this true. But sometimes it seems that there is never enough time! It flies when you're having fun, that's for sure. And we've been having fun these last couple of weeks. School ended in a flurry of activities - awards assemblies, science fairs, performances, and parties. Somehow I ended up with kids doctor appointments scheduled as well - not very good mommy planning! :)


On the holiday weekend we managed to have some yummy dinners out with our kids.






Because we experienced a crazy cold snap, it rained for about three days. The kids engineered a fabulous fort in the playroom loft - it was very cool.



On the beautiful sunny Saturday we all went to the zoo. Here's the whole crew...
I did manage to do some crafty work at the beginning of this week. My crafting life has also caused a flurry of activity. I'm so excited to share my announcement...uh, no, there's no baby on the way! Stay tuned for the news... I'll be blogging every day for the next few days with details about my June teaching schedule and classes, Camp Hideaway, and my exciting endeavor.


A little something for the Camp Hideaway girls...

These "adopted" jeans have a new life as...

Backside Bags!

The casual design and frayed seams remind me of cut-off shorts and summer time.



Just the backside... this time it's okay to stare... :)















Fun little fabric charms made out of the lining fabric.
Nice seat pockets ready to be embellished with button pins, embroidery, or just a Sharpie!

HAPPY SUMMER!

We're looking forward to a great summer vacation.

Here are some pics from last year to get us all in the mood...




















Stay tuned for more fun projects and my famous Rice Krispy Treat recipe... summer yum.
p.s. the embroidery at the top was stitched by my mom. thanks, mom!

3 comments:

As Told By Molly said...

Hello again! Can't wait to hear all about your summer of crafts and creativity. It all sounds so fun. Love the Backside Bags!

Alisa Noble said...

Holy Toledo... you sound really busy! Yes! We do have the same birthday... how CRAZY is that! Obviously we were meant to be paired up that first swap! :)
I love the "backside bags"! Those are SO cute Whitney! And now I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear the new news! Tell us... tell us... tell us!!!
It's good to hear from you,
Alisa

ps. glad your invite arrived :)

Holly Janeen said...

yay! glad we're connected! now i can begin some really cool crafts and get awesome ideas!
love the family pics... way cute. i still cant believe how grown up Emmalyn is... SHE IS GORGEOUS. and so are the rest!! :)
and i am TOTALLY making a backside bag. call it my next sewing project!