Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We Made Brownies...

Tonight I'm grateful for:
Our Blessed Land of the Free.
The chance we all have to vote.
The election is finally over.
So, we made brownies to celebrate this historic election.
No matter who your favorite candidate was, this is a very special time in history!
And...this is my FAVORITE month!!
Why? Holiday warm feelings, family, food, and fun times.
This month I'll be sharing recipes. My favorite carrot cake (above),
and my favorite chocolate pie (below).
These are seriously fabulous recipes! You must try them - so check in often!!

And, I've begun my annual reading of this book ...


I read this every November. It's a great little book - so inspiring. It's easy to read, with nice little chapters that you can jump around and skim, or read straight through and soak in.
I just really feel that focusing on gratitude is the very best way to overcome the worry we may feel during these unstable economic times. And, if the holidays are not quite as "care-free" this year as they were last year - well, more attention to an "attitude of gratitude" may be just the thing to bring in some sweet peace, and the warmth and love of the holidays.
In fact, to celebrate this month of gratitude,
I think I'll have my first give-away!!
A copy of the book, and.....wait and see!
Happy November. hehe

3 comments:

Holly Janeen said...

wow- thats a lot of tradition in one month!
those recipes look amazing! yummmy!

Alexa Lett said...

Absolutely LOVE, LOVE the t-shirt!!!!! Great blog entry today! I'm grateful!

As Told By Molly said...

Ooo, I've had that chocolate pie! I can’t wait to have the recipe (and be the hit at my in-laws Thanksgiving table because of it). ;)

What a great give-away. Giving and receiving joy. Not much is better than that.