Saturday, November 15, 2008

Drawing Results - plus a chocolate teaser...

Drum roll, please...

The winner is - Julie! Julie has a wonderful blog, and sells darling things on Etsy. Hers were some of the first things I purchased on Etsy when I first discovered it. :)
The second winner is my friend, Lois. In a nutshell, she is amazing and beautiful.

Well, I wish could give everyone copies of this book and goodies...I do give you all
my best wishes! And, thanks for joining in the fun.
p.s. - If any of you would like to have a scrap shirt, just e-mail me! You can order that way, and pay through paypal, or mail me a check.

**********
Proud Mama wants to share - look what Emmalyn made for her English project! She was asked to find her "golden line" (meaningful statement) from the book, "Great Expectations", and create a visual piece with it. I think it turned out just great!



I wish I had a picture to post of my other daughter, Colette, who performed all weekend in the school play, "It's a Wonderful Life". We saw it Friday eve - and really caught the holiday spirit!! She and the whole cast did an excellent job (we laughed, we cried...).

It's time to get out all the classic holiday films.

I'm grateful for my girls who are developing their talents and sharing them with others. :)
*****************
CHOCOLATE PIE, ANYONE?

Tomorrow I'll post the recipe for this fabulous chocolate pie. This is a great recipe that was put out by the Hershey company over 40 years ago - they were promoting the Hershey milk chocolate candy bars. We've had these pies at Thanksgiving for my whole life. I'm the last in my family to make these every year. I have to make five, or so, of them because everyone (especially kids) loves them! YUM.

This is all you need for the filling, and it's made with traditional pie crust - not graham cracker.

So, get your ingredients and be ready to try out a new pie for the holidays!

thanks...

2 comments:

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Oooo, I love recipes, I can't wait to make it...it looks easy! The contest was fun, (even though I didn't win..tee hee)...thanks!

Bethie - Chic Junque said...

Hi Whitney,
Can't wait to see this yummy pie! I tagged you with an award on my blog!