Friday, March 14, 2008

Odd is just a way of looking at things...

Tagged!!

I must now think of five odd things about myself to share with you all. I feel like a pretty normal person. What is "odd", anyway??



FIVE ODD THINGS
1. I am a prolific, but quiet, sneezer. My friends and family often start counting when I begin a sneeze attack. I find that a bit annoying, so I try to tell them to stop, but I can't speak very well mid-sneeze. It must be funny to watch. My record is 21 sneezes in a row. that was in 9th grade. My average is about 7 sneezes.
2. I used to be a donut maker. I actually burnt myself quite badly on the arm with a tray just out of the fryer. It was scary...but I do love donuts, even though I'm very aware of how unhealthy they are. :) My favorite is the oh, so yummy, maple bar.
3. I can touch my tongue to my nose. Of course, many people can do that. I actually decided that I wanted to have that skill, so I practiced (more junior high life). That's odd. My son really wishes I could lick my elbow - he keeps asking me if I can (like I'm going to practice that...). lol
4. I play many instruments and I sing. I was a choral teacher and private voice teacher for many years. I play the piano, flute, oboe - even the recorder, slide whistle, and kazoo. However, the oddest instrument I play is the nose flute. You blow air through your nose into a small plastic thing, and create a resonating chamber by opening your mouth. Adjusting your mouth shape changes the pitch. It's hysterical!!! I'm really good at it. Ha!
5. Shock treatment is fun. It tickles! My family has done a lot of crazy things for kicks over the years. Once my Dad found an antique machine that produced an electrical current when you cranked it's handle round and round. We spent many gatherings standing in a big circle with hands held, letting the electricity run through all of us. I've often thought of how odd that would seem to an "outsider". I guess odd is just a way of looking at things!!
MY DAD - BRILLIANTLY ODD AND LOVEABLE

Have a great day!
P.S. These funny pictures of my Dad and me were taken at our cabin during the annual "Camp Hideaway" trip that I plan for my girls and their friends. I'll have to create a special post about my Father so that his dignity can be restored - ha!


2 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

HeeHeeHee!

Browneyd Girl said...

that picture of you is just beautiful.
Colette