Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finally time for blogging!



I have been a very busy Momma lately. Because of the fact that creating a post with pictures takes a ridiculously long time for me - I haven't blogged for awhile. :) I feel quite behind on the sharing...so I made a slide show of some of my recent (last week and weekend) fun. Just in case you don't want to watch it - here's a peek at my weekend projects:

Goodies for baby and bridal showers. I really love to put gifts together! I love to think of a theme and find just the right combination of things - always including something handmade. For baby gifts I usually choose two or three of my favorite childrens books and make (or buy) things to go with them. One book I gave was, Pirates Don't Change Diapers with a package of diapers and this Scrap Shirt, which I made. There are more pics in the slideshow...


Scrap Shirts are one of my favorite things to make. I have several of my own and I love to wear them!

I also put together a fun bridal shower gift. You can see what it was on the slideshow...


Speaking of special occasions...there are some fun things to celebrate this month of March. It's not too late! All month long we get to celebrate National Craft Month. Well, that's easy for most of us - finally a reason to over-spend at the craft store! But did you know that it is also National Frozen Food Month, National Umbrella Month, and Play the Recorder Month (I actually do play the recorder - ha!)? There are plenty of ways to celebrate this month in addition to green stuff and chocolate bunnies. :) I'll share more ideas later -


March is also Optimism Month. I like that.

"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."


-Henry Miller

So at our house, we're going to play the glad game with Pollyanna. We'll have a movie nite with popcorn and maybe a huge cake like the one's Aunt Polly's cooks make in the movie. I'll get my crystal prisms out and find a good place to hang them, so we can be glad about the magical dancing rainbows of light that our hot Arizona sun makes...

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Optimism Month... great to know!

Dede Warren said...

I LOVE that scrap tee shirt, what a great idea!