Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Special Day - Must Blog...






Today was my sweet husband's birthday! Definitely worth a post during this busy summer time. I must say that I do love him so very much...he is kind and generous, honest, true to our beliefs, loving to all our children, and provides a nurturing strength for me all the time.
Plus, he is super funny and talented.
And, he sings love songs to me.
Yes - I'm a lucky gal... (wink)
Here we are in the "Stinking Rose" restaurant in San Francisco about a week ago. He couldn't get me to try the garlic ice cream (that's just wrong - garlic ice cream?! ). But everything I did have was so yummy - I bought their cookbook! Can't wait to try the pizzettes...

Speaking of San Francisco, we had a wonderful time with Emmalyn in the city by the bay. It was her turn (it being the summer before she starts high school) for a special trip with Mom and
Dad D. to the city that we love to hang out in.


Union Square - we stayed at the Francis Drake right around the corner.


Lovely homes and flowers on Lombard Street (the curviest road).


Les Jolie - quaint restaurant and yummy French food with live jazz music all evening.
We eat here almost every time we visit.

Up the steps on Telegraph Hill. It's a beautiful place! As soon as I figure out how to make a photo collage I will with my photos of all the beautiful flowers and images along this walk up the hill.




The view from the top!



A drippy sweet and messy delicious sundae at Giradelli Square.

A foggy day - all day. We drove across the Golden Gate bridge and here we are at the observation spot. The whole city is right behind us but you can't see it at all! That was really fun for us Arizona folks used to our dry heat. Thankfully, the fog cleared up on our last day. The bridge does indeed exist, and it is quite impressive. :)


A stop in China Town. Do we look tired? We were!
Ha! Look at our stylish scrap shirts... :)


I loved taking this trip with my sweet girl, Emma. She is a true joy in my life, and a wonderful person in every way. I'm so proud of how she is growing up - learning good lessons, practicing decision making, setting goals and achieving them. We'll remember the food, shoes, purses, colorful houses, laughter, more food, sea lions, hills, trollies, cable cars and gelato for a long time!

More later! I've been busy with fun projects.... but I'm embracing the fact that I own the blog - it does not own me. I'll not stress about posting (or lack of) right now. :) I've been at the cabin, teaching classes, making neat things, and moving forward on our home addition.
Summer is winding down - school starts in just three weeks.

Thanks to my sweet friend, Alisa, for sticking with my blog.
We had so much fun with our swap!

She was so kind to award me this lovely blog honor...

I will pass on this award to seven friends in the next couple of days. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

As Told By Molly said...

What a terrif trip to the bay!
I can't wait to take trips like that with my kids when they're older. Love those scrap shirts.

I have the best news...I'll see you Saturday at your class! Fun times ahead.

As Told By Molly said...

Oh, and, happy birthday DeVal!

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

What a fun Cali trip! Remember when you took Molly and I to Disneyland? That was a blast!
I love your scrap shirts.
Happy Birthday DeVal!