Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blissful Day

I've been a sewing bee lately making these "adorable aprons" (that's what I call 'em). I use men's dress shirts and trims and ribbon - so much fun!

A little fabric collage to wear...with pockets! :)

I'm went a little crazy with all of my buttons as I prepared for the button bracelet class. I couldn't stop sorting them! It was weird. I stayed up really late just looking at them and musing about what clothing all of my vintage buttons used to hold together... This is but a portion of my (sorted) button collection. How would it be to dive into a big tub of them? This is one of the weird thoughts I had in the middle of the night - just me and the buttons.

There was a reason for my button passion - I was getting ready to teach my bracelet class at Blissful Living Studio!

Here are the pictures. Yahoo for me remembering to get my camera out this time - it's the only class of the summer that I have some decent photos of! I must improve...


Everyone got to choose button packets and add them to a kit that I made - which I just realized that I don't have a picture of. -sigh- :)

...the kit turned out pretty cute...



Here's the table and workspace. Isn't the studio charming - well, what you can see of it?
It's such a great place for classes.

Bracelets!!
I don't claim the design for these bracelets - I saw it in the American Girl magazine a couple of years ago. I did make some modifications (eliminating an awkward closure), and the style (vintage-modern) is completely different from the "little girl" look in the magazine.
There you have it. :)
Happy ladies having fun...
My darling nieces, Molly and Katie, joined the class. Sorry for the blurrr...This is a sample for my August class - the Adorable Apron!

What a great matching top! That I didn't make...

I've been waiting (not sure why) to announce that my handmade items are now for sale at Domestic Bliss. Paddywacks Studio is in business!Vintage tea towel sachet...yummy.

Here's the beginning of my "Paddywacks Studio handmade re-creations" display in the store.

Scrap Shirts! I found a great line of blank shirts - so soft and a really nice fit. Love them.

They say family, bloom, love, sweet, and relax.

Aprons and backside bags...

Here's the apron looking adorable in this corner display.


I must say that I'm so excited about creating items to sell. I've wanted to play store my whole life! When I was a little girl I did play store all the time. I'd make gift bags for Mother's Day filled with little nic-knacks and have my brothers and Dad come into my store (my bedroom), and they'd each buy one to give my Mom. She'd open each one (four exactly alike) and be so happy ;)...lol. And occasionally I overtook a wide section of the hallway and set up a store with shelves and bins of my stuff. My cousins loved to shop in my store because I had nifty things that weren't worn out at all...those were the days. I was not successful at selling candy bars for the band fundraiser, however. Unfortunately, I ended up eating all of my stock.

Remind me not to start selling baked goods!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney,
You HAVE been really busy! Your items at DB are just adorable. And I think that you could sell many, many rice crispie treats too! Good luck in your new venture, it makes me smile. Paddy Whack Away Girl!

Cristine's Story said...

Wow Whitney looks like you had a great time. Love your displays!

Alisa Noble said...

Hi Whitney!
Okay seriously, I cannot tell you how much I LOVE your aprons!!!
I know exactly what you mean about sorting buttons... it's like meditating for me.
And a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on Paddywacks!!!

As Told By Molly said...

Wonderful job, Whit!
I had a great time and would pay to do it again, too. :)