Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer Classes

This summer I'll be teaching some really fun classes! Here's the line-up of the projects that I'll be sharing .
First, at Mystic Paper (the blog) - my favorite paper crafting store ever - really, it is such a neat store!! I'll be teaching four classes and introducing a fun ongoing theme that I hope to continue for a long time. Don't we love books? And Art? So this is "The Literary Artification Society", a book club with a creative twist. Read a book, then make a project inspired by it. I had a lot of fun creating these projects - I hope folks will want to join in. These summer classes are actually for pre-teen girls (and older - moms and sisters maybe?), so the books are youth books. For more info, go ahead and look in at Mystic's blog. There's a recent post all about it!

First class - reading accessories

Second class - Mermaid collage tote bag (The Tail of Emily Windsnap)


Third class - Princess looking glass (Princess Academy)

The fourth class - Secret Letter box and note packet (Twilight)
(I forgot to snap a picture of my project before I took it to the store,
so I have to use theirs!)
***************************
The other place that I'm teaching is called Blissful Living Studios (the blog). I'll be teaching things other than paper crafting there - sewing in all it's varieties, making jewelry, and many other creative living ideas.
These projects focus on re-purposing and recreating! I love to find a great deal at the junque shoppe and make it useful, clever, and elegant. :)
I have quite a bit going on with Blissful Living Studios and their store, Domestic Bliss. It's an absolutely gorgeous place, and I love it also. My exciting endeavor with them is really progressing...more later on that!

June class - Scrap Shirts
Letters from abandoned tee shirts find a new home...


July class - Button Bracelets
Vintage and modern buttons bridge the generation gap...

August class - Creative Living for the Queen Bee
How's it going in your Hive?- Making Housework Fun
These dress shirts used to go to the office - now they're helping you with your housework...
Summer Fun!
Take some classes...learn, share, enjoy!

7 comments:

As Told By Molly said...

I know your classes will be a huge success - and so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I was wondering if you could put more info. about your backside bags. I would like to make these for my daughter's daisy girl scout troop and/or for party favors for her birthday. Did you line them with fabric for the inside? I appreciate any information you are willing to share. Oh, and I made your rice krispie treats just like you said. Yum! Samantha

Whitney Johnson said...

Howdy, Samantha! Just shoot me an e-mail and I will reply with instructions. I'm so glad that you like the backside bags! :)
Have Fun!
e-mail: whitney@simple.net

Jilynn said...

Hey Whitney! You sound busy! I just wanted to tell you that I saw your article in the newspaper. You are quite the renaissance woman!

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

I wish I was in Mesa to take your classes, they sound really neat-o!
For the craft stuff, I don't really know what is popular around here. I just need to do stuff to keep me busy so I don't get homesick. I am thinking something fun and simple.

Alisa Noble said...

Everything really looks like great fun Whitney! I love the apron... what a clever idea. Wishing I lived much closer!
Alisa

Holly Janeen said...

just amazing!!!! love the ideas :)
i remember that cabin!! :)