Sunday, June 8, 2008

Blarney Spoken Here

I finally did my research and found out just what the blarney stone is all about.
We have some blarney stones all ready to "kiss" - hopefully they'll promote lots of sweet
and complimentary banter among the girls at Camp Hideaway!

I think I'll keep one handy to work magic on kids' summer quarrels. You know - they're with each other so much more in the summer, and they get on each other's nerves after awhile...

"Go kiss the stone - only blarney spoken here!"
********
Lucky Catch
"Darling, that bracelet! It really makes your entire look. You must have people clamoring to snatch that right off your wrist! It's fabulous! " (a little blarney...)

Here's the charm bracelet project we'll be making. Brass fishing swivels - is that what they're called? I never remember. :) I do know that I use a size 7 for this bracelet.

The first time I made these was years ago for a family beach trip project. They were a little different - we made anklets then with seed beads and one tiny jingle bell instead of all the bead charms. These fun bracelets turn out great every time, and they're perfect for every skill level. I think we'll make some little dangle earrings also...more about the crafts when we're home!
********
My cabin prep. trip was mostly productive. I ended up taking projects to finish, not finishing them, and hauling the stuff back home! However, my two worker bees really put in their time and we got the cabin in fine shape - as ready as we need to be for Hideaway. Yipee!
********
Speaking of worker bees, I've got lots of ideas and tips for the Queen Bee (a.k.a. Mother or Grandmother) of the home. I've been interested in home keeping (not beekeeping - I'm allergic) and parenting - and the combination of the two - for many years. I love it! So here's the latest little reward idea sitting on our kitchen counter.
Queen Bee Tip #1 - Make your candy (or cookie) jar treats count for something.
A sweet reminder or reward for sweet behavior.

Camp Hideaway fun begins tomorrow!

We're very excited...

More on the blog at the end of the week...

"May the sun smile warmly down on you, may horny toads cross your path, and may the evening clouds part so you can see the majesty of the stars."

-Camp Hideaway Irish (ish) Blessing

6 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

Whitney, you are always so full of great ideas!
Alisa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whitney, I hope everyone has a great time at Camp Hideaway! I'm sure everyone will come back inspired. Jennifer

As Told By Molly said...

Can't wait to hear all about Camp Hideaway! Chelsea said it was a blast.

I saw Katie's comment about a niece Hideaway - what do you think about a Richards Women Retreat? ...Something to ponder. ;)

I asked Olen; those are fishing swivels. And I love it! I'm going to dig through his tackle boxes and see what other cool stuff he's got hiding in there.

Beth said...

hi whitney !! thanks so very much for leaving a sweet comment on my blog- Just love your stuff too - I saw your tshirts in the shop and they are just adorable !!! I am adding you to my blog links !! Can't wait to meet you !!
xo,
beth
www.bethquinndesigns.com

Alisa Noble said...

I'm tagging you! When you get back from your fun, check out my blog for the questions.
Alisa