Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New at this

I laugh at myself.

When I think too much about this - The idea of writing things (sharing, opening, exposing) that will be available to so many people just makes me paralyzed! ...with fear...

This should be really fun! Just don't think too hard about it...

I'm new at everything internet. But I really like to present myself and my projects with everything perfect and prepared. That is my comfort zone - Does that sound familiar to anyone? So just jumping in here without it being quite right yet is frustrating! I have a lot to learn about blogland (computers in general for that matter)! However, I'm going to give that "perfect and prepared" stumbling block a swift kick out of the way and make a brave beginning. I have realized as of late that I have a lot to say that just can't wait any longer! My husband could have told you that ages ago...

There are ideas and experiences that I would like to keep and share here in my blog. I like the thought of keeping and sharing at the same time. It's like how we describe love - the more we give it away, the more we have. - just reflecting-


Only the heart speaks to the heart.

I needed to tell you my story as I

need to hear yours, so that we may

share our secrets and trust our hearts.
-Judy Collins
Nice quote, huh. I'm always on the lookout for quotes.
My husband, DeVal, came up with the name "kindred joy". I liked it right away, especially because he volunteered the idea without being asked. It was a beautiful compliment that he would associate that with me, and what I might have to offer anyone who will eventually read this blog.

It's the little things that mean a lot...

Here's my brave beginning for 2008. January was the "getting brave" part, February is the actual "beginning". Ha! It's never too late for a beginning. lol...
lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No better wife or mother has there been. I'm grateful to be married to the most beautiful, creative woman!