Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fake it 'till You Make it

I feel much better now.

I just finished pouring through the latest issue of Somerset Magazine's Artful Blogging. After reading the inspiring articles written by so many amazing women artists - I feel so much better!

lol - kidding! I'm totally overwhelmed!

See, I just love anything crafty! I have a hard time buying things because my first thought is, "I could make that...". I come from generations of artistic people, many of whom made their living with their art (or at least their "pin money"). And I've been making handmade gifts for every occasion since I was very small. Now, I know this is a common story for many of you, but it seems that most people who are on this artistic path stay there, and develop their craft accordingly. Me, however, I jumped into music and have been teaching and performing now for many years (summer stock theater, private voice and piano, high school choir and student leadership). Teaching kept me busy, but not too busy to sew. I can't imagine not having my machines out (at-the-ready) all the time! I somehow missed the scrapbooking bus, however. That's probably where I got behind in the crafty world. I love paper craft and collage art! I see it, and it's in me to create it, and I just feel like it's "coming home"... but I haven't been there for awhile, so I have a lot to learn!

My goal is to get busy creating! I hope that I can somehow join the artistic "club" that I have just discovered by reading Somerset Magazines (and entering the land of blogs). It seems quite wonderful! I also want to visit my past a bit here, so that I can chronicle some events and ideas that I have tucked away. I need to tell my story (mostly fun, with mostly happy endings). I feel that we all have a story, and it's who we are, and we get to create it, and we should share it. I love people's stories (I mean stories in the big, meaningful sense).

The story goes on...

No comments: